Spišské Hanušovce
   Text    Map    Google Map

    The village Spišské Hanušovce is situated in the Zamagurie region, in the valley of Rieka. It is united with a settlement Keheľ. It was founded by Lendava soldiers as a result of sc. Šoltýs colonisation. It was a part of their property till the year 1593, when Horváth family from Plaveč bought Lendava. Later it was owned by other families, too.
    Majority of the local population were farmers, carriers and woodcutters.
    In the village there is a Roman-Catholic church (originally gothic). It was rebuilt in the 17-th and the 18-th century - its orientation towards the western tower was changed and three-ships were created. You can also notice two road chapels - a baroque and a classicistic one, with contemporary interior.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy