Text    Google Map

    Litmanová is a village situated in the valley where the creek Veľký Lipník meets the creek Rozdiel. It is well known as a popular meeting point of pilgrims heading to the Zvir mountain. It was established by incomers as a vassal village of the lordship of Stará Ľubovňa. Until the year 1772 it was a part of the Polish deposit.
    The local population kept cattle and was skilled in wire binding and windows repairing. Men often smuggled goods through the nearby Polish border. In the Poland they sold domestic products such as cheese, butter, eggs, but also smoking mixture, and they brought back home paraffin oil, cheap flour and salt.
    A few of the original one-room wooden houses with one window were preserved in the village. The houses are underpinned by stones and have shingled roof. Barns are oriented into the street and yards are closed by wooden gates.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy