It is a steep, nail-shaped mountain (779 m) situated in the Czorsztyńske Pieniny in the massive of Tri Koruny (Trzy Korony - Three Crowns) (982 m) in the northeast from its peak.
On the northern peak there are ruins of the Pieninský hrad (Pieninský Castle), which is one of the highest castles in Poland. The castle was built between the years 1257 - 1287. It was used as a fortress in the region. Allegedly, earl St. Kinga used the castle as a shelter. Followers of a reformer, Ján Hus, destroyed the castle in the first half of the 15-th century.